Reconstruction and reconfiguration of an existing villa built in 1936, designed by the famous interwar architect Vladimír Grégr (1902-1943). The architecturally high-quality building in functionalist style with a distinctive tectonics of pervading masses, recessed floors and typical features of Grégr’s architecture is complemented by a roof extension, balconies, and modifications to the underground floor for its new use.
The added volumes are formed by the translucent glass facade in contrast to the coarse scraped plaster of the existing building. The new elements complete the composition of the already given principles and the added volumes. During the work on architectural study, a complete structural and technological survey of the foundation structures and the reinforced concrete skeleton combined with the supporting peripheral masonry was carried out.
The internal skeleton structure with distinctive reinforced concrete ceilings has allowed the original layout of the apartments to be reconfigured to the current standard of living. A luxurious two-storey apartment with residential terraces is designed on the top floor with a roof extension. Originally unused cellar spaces were opened to the garden with large courtyards creating living spaces for a new basement apartment.